Purpose, Scope and Basis ARTICLE 1- (1) This directive is intended for summer school and special student status;associate degree , undergraduate or postgraduate students who will take courses at Istanbul Gelişim University from other universities and Istanbul Developmental University which will take another university course will cover issues and provisions related to associate degree, undergraduate or postgraduate students. ARTICLE 2- (1) This directive shall apply to: 2547 of Higher Education Law and Article 22 of the Regulation on the Transition between Programs in Associate Degree and Bachelor's Degree Programs in Higher Education Institutions, Credit Transfer of Double Major, Minor and Intermediary Institutions and 4th Article of the Graduate Education and Training Regulation.
Definition ARTICLE 3- (1) In this directive as regards;
a) IGU:Istanbul Gelisim University,
b) Unit: The related institute, faculty, college and vocational school,
c) Unit Administrative Board: Faculties administrative board in faculties,collage administration board in collages, institute administrative board in institutes, vocational school administration board in vocational higher schools,
d) Summer School students: Students who take courses from universities determined by the senate decision other than our university,
e) Special Student: Student who is taking courses from university or other universities in higher education programs due to health problems or related boards,
f) Health Issues: Neurological and musculoskeletal problems, which are documented in the Health Board Report from state hospitals, that prevent a chronic illness that threatens the life of the student or the independent life,
g) Regulation: Istanbul Development University Associate Degree and Undergraduate Education-Examination Regulation and Istanbul Development University Graduate Education-Training Regulation.
IGU Students Article 4- (1) IGU The rules for the students of Associate Degree, Undergraduate and Postgraduate students to take courses as "special students" from Associate Degree, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs of another Higher Education Institution are as follows:
a) A positive decision regarding the admission of a "special student" to a higher education institution as a private student is required.
b)The decision of the relevant board of directors on whether or not to take courses according to "IGU Course Equivalence and Adaptation Principles" is required for the courses that the lecturer wants to take as a private student from another higher education institution.
c)The duration of special education shall be counted from the time specified in the course of the program for which the student is subject.
d)The procedures and principles of taking courses from the summer school (credits and course numbers) are determined by the university senate.
e)The sum of the credits of the courses taken as special students and the credits of the courses taken in their own program can not exceed the upper limits defined for 1 (one) semester in IGU. This condition is not required in the graduate programs.
f)The student continues to have student rights in the IGU; However, as a private student, he or she can not enjoy the right to a diploma or status student.
g)Students may continue to take courses from the IGU program, as well as the program they have taken as private students.
h)Provisions of the related units of the success grades related to the courses taken from another higher education institution are taken into consideration at the relevant Board of Directors by taking the suggestion of the related department's committe.
i)The student who has the end of the special student period applies to the section in the IGU until the final examinations for the final semester after the approval of the course schedule (transcript) obtained from the institution that the student is a special student.
j)Private students, regardless of whether they take the semester courses in the program at the IGU, will continue to pay the full amount of the student contribution at the IGU.
k)Students who are going to attend summer schools as special students pay summer school tuition to the higher education institution they take courses in.
Special students coming to IGU Article 5- (1) The rules for the students of associate degree, undergraduate and postgraduate students of another higher education institution to take courses as "private students" from our university programs are as follows:
a) As a private student, apply to the relevant department / program in the IGU with the student, application form, identity photocopy, student's certificate, approved transcript and contribution note from another higher education institution that wants to take courses from IGU. The proposal of the department chair about whether the lecturer can be accepted into the lectures is decided and decided by the related administrative board.
b) During the "special student" period at the IGU, the student can not benefit from the student's right to a diploma or status.
c) The sum of the credits of courses that can be taken in one semester with the special student status can not exceed the credit limit that can be taken in one semester for IGU students.
d) During the period when the student has studied at the IGU: follow the provisions of the relevant regulation of the IGU in the evaluation of attendance, examination and achievement.
e) Foreign language documents and documents that are approved by the IGU Senate shall be required to ensure that foreign language levels are adequate for special students who are studying in programs or language courses in the language of instruction.
f) For the "special students" of Higher Education Institutions in Turkey and abroad who have an education and training protocol with IGU within the scope of exchange programs, provisions determined by the related protocol shall be applied.
Application, Acceptance and Education – Teaching ARTICLE 6 - (1) No other university student must have received disciplinary penalties for applying to take our university as a private student from the same degree, undergraduate or graduate diploma programs.
2) Applications; the student will show lessons to be taken from the unit connected to the university, the positive decision of the unit management board, the document showing the disciplinary status, the transcript and the petition will be made to the Student Affairs Department within the period specified in the academic calendar of the university.
(3) Whether or not the candidates will be admitted to the courses will be decided by the unit management board taking the opinion of the related department or program chair.
(4) During the period when special students are studying at our university; attendance to lectures, examination and evaluation of achievement are subject to the provisions of the relevant education and training regulations of our university
(5) At the end of each semester, the transcript of the courses, names, credits and achievement grades taken by the student concerned is sent by the Student Affairs Office to the institution in which the student is registered in writing.
(6) The student who registers as a student who is a student to the university is given a temporary student ID card by the Student Affairs Office. The student whose term of special student expires returns this ID card.
(7) It is composed of the number obtained by dividing the annual amount of the department that the student wants to take into graduation credits multiplied by the number of credits to be received.
End of Special Student Status ARTICLE 8- (1) The punishment of a student for a criminal offense in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation on Student Discipline of Higher Education Institutions,
(2) Upon expiration of the conditions for benefiting from the special student status, the status of the special student shall be terminated if the relevant board decides that the status of the special student must be finalized. ARTICLE 9- (1) In the cases where there are no provisions in this directive, the provisions of other relevant legislation, the decisions of the University Senate and the decisions of the unit board shall apply. Enforcement and Execution ARTICLE 10- (1) This directive shall enter into force on the date accepted by the Senate of Istanbul University of Development. ARTICLE 11- (1) The provisions of this directive are executed by the Rector of Istanbul Development University.